Whether you have recently moved or are simply looking for a dentist that fits your family, there are many factors to take into consideration before selecting a new dental provider. Oral health is extremely important –both for your teeth and for your overall well-being – which means it is critical to find a professional that will meet your needs. Some questions to ask include:
- Is the office staff friendly, professional and helpful?
- Does the dentist make time to answer my questions? Do I feel comfortable expressing concerns?
- Do the dentist and hygienists explain all procedures and discuss techniques that promote oral health?
- Is the office clean and neat? Are proper hygiene practices used, including wearing gloves and throwing out contaminated items?
- Is the office in a convenient location in relation to my home or work?
- Does the office make special arrangements for people with dental emergencies?
- Is information regarding payment plans and appointment schedules easy to understand?
- Was the dentist highly recommended by my friends, colleagues, or acquaintances? Does he or she have a reputation for being accurate, skilled and knowledgeable?
- Finally, is the dentist a True Care participating dental provider, allowing me to receive discounts at all my appointments?
As a member of the Aetna Dental Access program, you are eligible to receive 15 to 50 percent on most dental services. Why wait?