Are you well-prepared when it comes to taking, storing and disposing of your prescription medication? Even if you think you are, it’s important to make sure you’re following these intelligent habits, recommended by the National Council on Patient Information and Education:
- Make a list of your medicines and take it with you to all of your doctor’s appointments.
- Tell your doctor about any problems you have taking medicines, whether it be side effects or simply having difficulty with swallowing pills.
- Recognize that all medicines have both risks and benefits, and talk to your doctor about which prescriptions are right for you.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully, and contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions regarding the dosage, frequency, or length of the medication.
- Store your medicines safely away from children and pets. Make sure you always keep your prescriptions enclosed in a child-proof case and store them out of reach of young fingers.
- Do not dispose of medications by flushing them down the toilet or sink.
Patients who follow these recommendations are often more informed and health-conscious when it comes to their medications. Of course, another smart medicine habit is to take advantage of your True Dental Discounts, pharmacy discount and use it to purchase your prescriptions at a lower cost. This is a great way to to be smart about both your health and your bank account. For more information, check it out at www.truedentaldiscounts.com