If your child needs medication to recover from an illness, talk to your True Dental Discounts prescription plan doctor about the medicine she has prescribed before you take it home. Some questions to ask include:
- What exactly is the drug? What does it prevent or do?
- How often does my child need to take this medication? In what dosage?
- What side effects come with taking this medication? Should I be alert for any changes in condition?
- How soon after taking the medication will it start working?
- What if my child skips a dose?
- How long should I continue giving my child this medicine?
- Should I continue administering the remaining medication, even if the child appears to be recovered?
- Could this medication possibly interfere with another medication my child currently takes?